On more than one occasion, it may be necessary to share mobile data from one mobile to another. The most common in these cases is that they have to be shared because one of the terminals has run out of the gigas included in its rate, something that often happens.
Normally, this process is not particularly complicated, although there may be some variations depending on the smartphone, as well as the model of your phone and the operating system you have. If you don’t know how to share mobile data because you’ve never done it or because you’re still not sure about it, don’t worry! Here, we explain step by step everything you have to know about how to share mobile data in different situations so that you never lack and so that you choose the most appropriate way for you. You will never be disconnected!
How to share data from one mobile to another with Android system
The mobile data of the Android phone can be shared so that another phone, tablet or computer connects to the Internet. Mainly, there are three ways to share data; Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB. Each of them has a series of peculiarities that should be known:
Share data with WiFi
The possibilities of sharing the data are greater when it is done through a WiFi access point, since it is possible to connect up to ten devices at the same time. The steps are very simple:
- Open the “Settings” application on the screen or in the main menu of the terminal.
- Access “Networks and Internet”.
- Select “WiFi zone / Share connection”.
- Tap on the “WiFi access point” option and activate it.
- Choose an access point to view or modify the settings such as name or password. You also have the option to select “None” in the “Security” section if you don’t want any password. However, on some mobiles it may be necessary to configure the WiFi access point first.
- Now, connect the other device. To do this you have to open the list of WiFi options in this terminal, choose the name of the access point of the other smartphone, enter the password (if chosen) and connect
Share data with Bluetooth
In this case, the process is much faster because the operation is only to link one terminal with the other. In this way, you have to configure the other phone to get the network connection via Bluetooth. Follow these simple steps:
- Open “Phone Settings” on the home screen or in the menu.
- Access “Networks and Internet”.
- Choose “WiFi zone / Share connection”.
- Select “Share via Bluetooth.”
Share data with USB
This way of sharing mobile data is also very simple. You just have to connect the two terminals with a USB cable, follow the steps that we have explained in the previous section and choosing, in the end, the option of Share USB connection.
How to share mobile data from one mobile to another on iOS
In the case of having an iPhone, iPad or MAC, it is also possible to share mobile data with other devices. For this option, there are also several proposals, since it is possible to share the data via WiFi, Bluetooth and USB. So, although you will see that there are steps very similar to those we have already commented, we will go again in parts:
Share mobile data with WiFi
This option is usually the most used. You must follow a series of steps both in the terminal through which the data will be shared and from which they will be used:
- First, we must act on the device through which the data will be shared. Go to the “Settings” option and select “Mobile data.”
- Choose “Internet Sharing” and verify the WiFi password, as well as the name of the terminal.
- Keep this screen until the other device is connected.
- Now, you have to take the terminal to be connected to share the data. You must go to “Settings” and select WiFi.
- Find the iPhone or iPad you are going to use the data by the name it has in the list that appears.
- Choose that WiFi network.
- Enter the password (if requested) and enjoy your data.
Share mobile data with Bluetooth
Here the process is much faster. Just go to “Settings” and choose the “Bluetooth” option. This form is more suitable for iPhone and iPad because in MAC you have to make a configuration of the entire Bluetooth network connection, having to take all the steps indicated by the manufacturer depending on the MAC model available.
Share mobile data with USB
This process is the easiest of all, since you only have to connect the devices through the USB cable. Sometimes a message usually appears that alerts you if you can trust your computer or that terminal. If it is displayed, you just have to click on “Trust” and everything is ready.
All you have to know before sharing mobile data on iOS and Android
When talking about how to share mobile data from one mobile phone to another on both iOS and Android, it is important to consider a number of factors to avoid breaking your head and doubting yourself. These are the main ones:
- Rates: there are operators that limit the shared connection, do not allow it or apply an additional charge to the contracted rate, so it is important to check beforehand, especially if terminals are to be connected frequently.
- MAC: MAC computers are not ready to share mobile data with Android devices through the USB connection.
- Bluetooth: This type of connection allows you to share data through MAC, PC and third-party devices.
With these tips on how to share mobile data, we hope, this article have helped you to know better the different options available. Do not forget that there may be variations depending on the version of the operating system you have and the terminal model you use. If in doubt, consult the manufacturer’s instructions or go to your operator.