The huge number of conversations registered in Messenger will have led you, on more than one occasion, to erase messages by personal decision or to free space in the memory of your mobile. Other times, you may have deleted them unintentionally or because you thought that at the time the messages were no longer useful to you.
The problem arises when you want to recover deleted messages because you need information, files or data that are important now. How can you rescue what you’ve already deleted in the Facebook instant messaging application? Here we tell you how to recover deleted messages from Messenger, so read on!
How to recover deleted conversations from Facebook Messenger from my PC
It is possible to recover deleted messages from Facebook Messenger from the app, from your mobile or from your PC. First, we tell you how to restore Messenger conversations from your computer by following these simple steps:
- Log in to Facebook with the browser of your choice.
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen to access the Messenger function.
- Click “See all in Messenger.”
- Scroll left and click on the gear icon to access the settings.
- You will see several options in this section. You must select archived conversations.
- Here you will see all the chats you have had on Facebook. Look closely at all until you find the one you were looking for.
- After finding that chat, write a message and send it. This way you will have it again among the most used of your Messenger and you will have recovered the conversation that you had lost.
In addition, an interesting option offered by Facebook is the creation of a copy of your application information. With the following method, you can make a copy of your chats so you never run the risk of losing them:
- Point the mouse to the upper right corner of the screen on the main Facebook page. Select the arrow and a menu will be displayed.
- Select the “Settings” section.
- Click on the “Your Facebook information” option on the left side.
- In the “Download your information” option, click on the “View” button.
- Scroll down with the mouse until you find the “Messages” option and select it.
- If you only want to download your chats, uncheck all other options.
- Automatically, a file with all your information will be downloaded.
How to recover deleted messages from Messenger on Android and iPhone
Messenger is also possible through your mobile. Depending on the operating system of your cell phone, there are different options to access information already deleted. Here we tell you the easiest ways to achieve it.
Recover messages on Android
The Android operating system allows you to rescue deleted conversations thanks to the memory of the cell phone, since all the chats are registered in the device. To recover conversations on Android, we recommend you follow the steps below:
- Go to Mobile Storage or go to the memory card where all the files are saved. Open the folder with the name of Facebook.
- Find a folder called “cache” and open it.
- Select “FB.TEMP” and you will have found the latest copy of Facebook Messenger and, therefore, all messages in the conversations, including those that you have recently deleted.
Recover messages on iPhone
For its part, the iPhone does not allow access to temporary memory files from the mobile or from the computer. To recover deleted messages from Messenger on iPhone, here we recommend using FonePaw, a program that allows the recovery of data from iPhone and Android and manages to rescue deleted conversations by scanning the device. Once you have the application, follow these steps:
- Run the program on your computer.
- Connect the device to the PC using a USB cable and select the option to recover iPhone data.
- Once the computer tells you that it has recognized the mobile, select “Scan.”
- The application will start working, tracking all the device information. Also the Messenger data.
- After finishing the search, click on Messenger and its attachments. With this step you will be able to see all the saved and deleted conversations, the contacts and the dates on which you sent and received the messages.
- Finally, when you have found the deleted messages you were looking for, select “Recover” and you will have restored them on your mobile.
How to recover deleted messages from Facebook Messenger without archiving
Without creating copies of your information or without choosing the option to archive the chats, it is impossible to recover deleted messages from Facebook Messenger regardless of the device used. Therefore, it is essential to perform them periodically despite being a slow and sometimes annoying procedure. We assure you that it will help you keep all the application data even if you have deleted it.
Copies of information are the best option, but they are not an eternal record: save deleted messages for up to 90 days. After this time, if you want to recover deleted conversations without having previously archived them in Messenger, you will not be able to get it.
How to archive messages on Facebook Messenger
As explained above, recovering deleted messages from Messenger is possible thanks to copies of your Facebook information. Even so, another preventive measure that you can take is to file conversations that you consider important for the contents, the people with whom they occurred or for other reasons.
To get it, you can do it from the Facebook Messenger application. Once you have signed in, complete the following steps to archive your conversations in Messenger:
- On iPhone, enter the list of chats and swipe left over the conversation you want to archive.
- Touch the delete chat icon.
- Choose the “Hide chat” option.
- On Android, swipe left over the conversation you want to archive.
- Touch the three horizontal lines icon.
- Choose the archive option.